What started out as a smiple restore turned into a customisation project. When taking this model apart, one of the bottom rivets is loated just behind the cab making it too easy to drill through in the pick up bed. Once I had made this mistake, I decided to customise the pickup by adding Windows, a cab interior to allow me to screw the base on, some wooden blocks (“Builders Supplies”) to be delivered to a 60’s building site.
The Windows were made by cutting up the front of a HotWheels blister pack. The interior was taken from a RealToy car scrapped some years back so that it’s wheels could be donated to an earlier restoration project. A lot of cutting and filing was needed to shape the interior fo the J2 Cab area, plus allow sufficient clearance for the wheels.
After market decals and replace wheels and axels complete the project. Although not perfect, the model is displayable and looks good if you look from a distance.